TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Pupils must be of legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving license. For Motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid license must be produced. Pupils must meet the minimum eye test requirements. If glasses or contact lenses are worn in order to meet this requirement then they must be worn at all times when driving.
- Pupils must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol when taking lessons. Any prescribed medication that may affect driving must be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board
- Pupils must notify the instructor if there is any change in ability or entitlement to have driving tuition.
- The pupil is legally responsible for any penalty notices incurred while they are driving the car.
- The pupil agrees that Lacey's Driving School and /or the instructor have no liability to the pupil for any loss, injury or damage during a driving lesson. Statutory rights are not affected.
- Each lesson will commence when the pupil enters the car provided that the pupil enters the car at the arranged/pre-booked time.
- If the pupil is not present at the arranged meeting point the instructor will wait for 15 minutes, during which time the instructor will attempt to contact the pupil. After this period, and if no contact has been made, the instructor will leave and the pupil charged for the lesson.
- Where the instructor may arrive slightly late for a lesson due to circumstances beyond his control, the instructor will make efforts to extend the finish time of the lesson by the same amount of time, or add the time on to the following lesson. If the instructor expects to be delayed by more than 15 minutes he will endeavour to contact the pupil to inform of the delay.
- If the pupil wishes to cancel or rearrange a lesson then 48 hours notice is required, otherwise the pupil will be charged for the period booked.
- When pre-payments have not been made, then payments for lessons are due at the beginning of each lesson. Payments can be made by cash or immediate bank transfer.
- A separate charge is made for the use of the training car during a driving test. This is currently £65.00 this includes a 1hr lesson prior to your test.
- Discounts (if available) for prepayment of lessons only apply if made prior to, or on, the first lesson of the block booking.
- All prepaid lesson prices will be honoured for a period of six months. Any unused lessons after this period has elapsed shall be liable to have any lesson price increases made during the period applied retrospectively.
- Vouchers are valid for a period of six months. In exceptional circumstances, and at the discretion of Lacey's Driving School vouchers may be honoured after this period but any lesson price increases will be applied.
- Prepayment of lessons are non-refundable.
- The pupil may be permitted to use the training car for their driving test only if the instructor is satisfied that they have reached the required standard. The DVSA rules do not allow pupils to take driving tests for the experience.
- The pupil agrees to pay the cost of uninsured damage to the vehicle and any other non-recoverable costs incurred during a driving test.
- Lacey's Driving School will make every effort to substitute another instructor if the regular instructor is unable to attend a driving test appointment.
- Lacey's Driving School has no responsibility if a driving test is cancelled by the DVSA for any reason or if the pupil fails the eyesight test. Lacey's Driving School will be responsible for and will reimburse the pupil 's costs if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the test vehicle.
- The pupil agrees that following an unsuccessful driving test Lacey's Driving School may refuse the use of the training car for a further test unless the pupil has taken a minimum of five hours of further driving lessons.
- Lacey's Driving School reserves the right to waive any clause for the benefit of the pupil at its sole discretion.
- Such waiver shall not oblige the Lacey's Driving School to repeat the waiver on any subsequent occasion.
- These Terms & Conditions were revised and valid from 1st August 2018
- It is hoped that the pupil should not find any cause for complaint, but in the event of a complaint, the pupil should try to resolve the issue with the instructor. If an agreement cannot be reached the pupil may take the complaint to the ADI registrar, DVSA, Stanley House, 56 Talbot Street, Nottingham, NG1 5GU Tel: 0300 200 11 22.